DJI Mini 2 SE drone - FAQ
The launch of one of DJI's cheapest drones, the Mini 2 SE, is upon us. Get to know it better, see how it differs from the DJI Mini SE and what others are asking for.
What is the price of the DJI Mini 2 SE drone?
Basic set DJI Mini 2 SE costs PLN 1799, and the version Fly More Combo can be purchased for as little as £2499*. This is one of the cheapest mini drones with a very good camera you can find.
*As of 22.03.2023 - price subject to change.
DJI Mini 2 SE availability
At this point, the drone can be purchased for pre-order, and supplies from the manufacturer are limited. Availability and scheduled delivery date can be seen by going to the product page. DJI Mini 2 SE - view here.
Is it possible to buy DJI Care Refresh - insurance for DJI Mini 2 SE?
As with all other DJI drone models, DJI Care Refresh can be purchased for the DJI Mini 2 SE drone. Insurance will be available for sale in the last week of March 2023.
Be sure to check that you are buying a DJI Care Refresh with the exact same name as your drone. Insurance for DJI Mini SE and DJI Mini 2 drones will not work for title drone.
How much does DJI Care Refresh cost for DJI Mini 2 SE?
At the moment there is no exact information. Have to wait until the end of March for information. It will cost between £149-£249 for one year and £249-399 for two years.
Is the DJI Mini 2 SE waterproof?
Not. Avoid contact with water during use, as it may damage the device.
If it rains during the flight, come back and land as soon as possible, and wait until the drone is completely dry inside before using it again.
What is the DJI Mini 2 SE's resistance to wind speed?
Maximum resistance of DJI Mini 2 SE to wind speed is 10.7 m/s (level 5).
* Wind resistance depends on the drive. In strong winds, due to the lightweight nature of the drone, expect slight vibrations. High-powered propulsion system ensures the drone hovers stably or returns home safely. The DJI Mini 2 SE automatically controls the gimbal to adjust slightly to ensure your footage is always stable and unaffected by wind.
Compared to the DJI Mini SE, what improvements does the DJI Mini 2 SE have?
1. Fully enhanced video transmission. Improved Wi-Fi transmission has been updated for the DJI O2, providing better interference protection and video transmission, and a transmission range of up to 6 km.
2. More creative options. The DJI Mini 2 SE supports more shooting features, including panorama, AEB, 4x digital zoom, RAW photos and Boomerang mode in QuickShots.
3. Improved drive. DJI Mini 2 SE supports wind resistance up to 10.7 m/s (level 5) and a maximum takeoff altitude of 4000 m.
Is it worth buying the DJI Mini 2 SE Fly More Combo?
The DJI Mini 2 SE Fly More Combo (FMC) includes several essential accessories that will make flying easier and more fun. Compared to the standard FMC kit, it additionally offers two smart batteries, two pairs of spare propellers, 12 propellers, two-way charging station, propeller guard and shoulder bag, making it easy to store, carry and use.
I'm new to drones, what accessories are recommended?
- MicroSD card: DJI Mini 2 SE has no internal memory. Without a microSD card inserted, users can only take single low-quality photos or record 720p videos. Files will be stored directly on the mobile device. A microSD card can expand the Mini 2 SE's memory and unlock all its creative features, while providing space for original photos and videos taken.
- 360 propeller cover°: Completely wraps propellers for greater safety, suitable for indoor and obstructed flying.
- Two-way charging hub: Holds three batteries and charges them one at a time, and can also be used as a mobile power source to charge your remote control, smartphone and other devices.
Can accessories such as batteries from the Mini 2 be used with the DJI Mini SE?
Yes, batteries in both models are the same. All accessories are compatible.
What useful photography features the DJI Mini 2 SE offers?
The DJI Mini 2 SE offers several smart shooting modes, such as QuickShot and Panorama, allowing beginners to easily create impressive aerial shots.
QuickShots modes include Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle and Boomerang. With just a few taps, the DJI Mini 2 SE automatically records and generates videos with soundtracks and filters, allowing direct sharing or further editing in the app. Choose from spherical, wide-angle and 180° panoramas, press the start button, and the DJI Mini 2 SE will automatically generate a panoramic masterpiece from zero to published.
What is the maximum flight altitude of the DJI Mini 2 SE?
The maximum flight altitude for safety reasons is 500 m. Due to local laws and regulations, the maximum flight altitude may vary in different countries and regions. In Poland, the maximum height allowed is 120 meters. Always familiarize yourself with local laws and regulations before flying.
How often should DJI Mini 2 SE propellers be replaced? How can I change the propellers?
Before each flight, check propellers for cracks, wear, warping, corrosion and loose screws. If any of these symptoms are present, the propellers should be replaced. Follow the instructions in the manual to replace the propellers:
Use the included screwdriver to change the propellers. Remove the two blades and screws from the engine and replace them with new propellers and screws. Attach marked propellers to marked motors, and unmarked propellers to unmarked motors. Before each flight, make sure propellers and engines are securely installed.
Can I use other USB-C chargers to charge DJI Mini 2 SE?
Yes. To ensure the speed of charging, it is recommended to use loaders USB PD or QC.
What are the functions of the bidirectional charging hub?
The bidirectional charging hub supports QC and USB PD fast charging protocols and can charge up to three batteries in sequence, that is, one at a time. It can also be used to store batteries or as a powerbank (storing at least one battery of sufficient power) to charge a mobile device or remote control via USB-A port.
What advantages does the DJI O2 have over upgraded Wi-Fi?
DJI O2 supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands. Features greater immunity to interference with automatic frequency switching, providing video transmissions over distances of up to 6 km.
What controllers are compatible with the DJI Mini 2 SE?
DJI Mini 2 SE supports DJI RC-N1 remote control.
How can I improve the range of the DJI Mini 2 SE drone?
Smartphone terminal of the remote control accommodates antennas. Make sure the antennas are facing the drone.
Check the user's manual for more information on setting the direction of the antenna.
In addition, 2.4/5.8 GHz wireless devices can cause signal interference. Avoid high-density Wi-Fi signal sources and consider disabling Bluetooth on mobile devices, as well as on inactive Bluetooth devices.