DJI Osmo Pocket 3 - FAQ
General questions about DJI Pocket 3
What are the main differences between the DJI Pocket 2 and the Osmo Pocket 3?
- For the Osmo Pocket 3, the sensor has been enlarged from 1/1.7 inch to 1 inch, allowing high-quality footage to be recorded in a variety of situations. Low-noise night shots are possible, with the ability to support high dynamic range in high-contrast scenes and 4K/120fps support.
- Updated 2-inch OLED screen delivers richer colors and higher contrast. The image size is larger, allowing more detailed images to be displayed, and both horizontal and vertical shots can be displayed full screen. Simply double-tap the screen to start tracking an object or rotate the screen to quickly turn the device on or off.
- The Pocket 2 requires a Do-It-All mount for Wi-Fi connection to a smartphone, while the Pocket 3 has built-in Wi-Fi for direct connection to a smartphone.
- Smart feature enhancements:
- ActiveTrack has been upgraded to version 6.0, achieving a perfect combination of gimbal mechanism and intelligent tracking algorithms. No matter how you hold the device or move the camera, the tracked object remains centered.
- Automatic face detection mode - Record easy one-person vlogs. Once a person enters the frame, the camera automatically recognizes them and smoothly tracks them into the center of the frame.
- Dynamic framing mode - Improve creative efficiency and reduce stress by enclosing the subject in the center of the frame or in a fixed position.
How to enable and disable ActiveTrack on the Osmo Pocket 3?
- Double-tap on the screen to enable ActiveTrack. To turn off ActiveTrack, tap outside the tracking border or press the joystick once.
- In the DJI Mimo app, select an object to track and enable ActiveTrack. To stop tracking, tap on "×" in the upper-right corner of the tracking frame.
- ActiveTrack function is not supported in Low-Light, Panorama, Slow Motion and Timelapse modes.
How to switch between landscape and portrait mode when using the Osmo Pocket 3?
By default, landscape or portrait mode automatically adjusts to the screen orientation. To adjust this setting, you can go to the settings interface and select Landscape, Portrait or Auto-Rotation mode. When recording starts, horizontal or vertical mode is locked and changing is not available.
What recording parameters can be set in Pro mode on the Osmo Pocket 3?
- Photos: Exposure, WB (white balance), Format, Focus Mode.
- Video: Exposure, WB, Glamour effects, Color, Focus mode, Channel, Wind noise reduction, Directional sound.
- Low light: Exposure, WB, Glamour effects, Focus mode, Channel, Wind noise reduction, Directional sound.
- Slow motion: Exposure, WB, Focus mode, Channel, Wind noise reduction, Directional sound.
- Timelapse: Exposure, WB, Format, Focus Mode.
What video formats does the Osmo Pocket 3 support?
How long does the Osmo Pocket 3 last?
(Tested at room temperature (25°C/77°F) at 1080p/24fps (16:9), with Wi-Fi off and screen off. These figures are indicative.)
Does the Osmo Pocket 3 support fast charging?
Yes, it can be charged to 80% in 16 minutes and to 100% in 32 minutes.
(Tested in lab environment with DJI 65W PD charger [sold separately].)
Can I use Osmo Pocket 3 to charge my phone?
Can I use Osmo Pocket 3 while charging?
Yes, but we recommend using it when fully charged. Osmo Pocket 3 draws power directly from the power source during recording and only charges the battery when recording stops.
What app can I use to control the Osmo Pocket 3 with my smartphone?
DJI Mimo app. Allows you to sync photos and videos, edit and share.
How to activate the Osmo Pocket 3?
To activate the device, follow the steps below:
- Download the DJI Mimo app by scanning the QR code displayed on the camera screen or from the App Store.
- Press and hold the shutter/record button to turn on the Osmo Pocket 3.
- Launch the DJI Mimo app, tap the camera icon in the upper left corner of the home screen, turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smartphone and connect to the Osmo Pocket 3.
- After connecting the Osmo Pocket 3 to the DJI Mimo app, you will be prompted to activate the device.
- Complete the activation by following the instructions in the app.
How to connect the Osmo Pocket 3 to my phone?
- Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to connect the Osmo Pocket 3 to the DJI Mimo app to control the device, update software and export content.
- Select the OTG connection in the system settings on the Osmo Pocket 3 and connect it to an OTG-enabled smartphone using a USB-C to USB-C cable to export files.
How to connect the Osmo Pocket 3 to a computer?
Connect the Osmo Pocket 3 to your computer with a USB-C cable for file transfer or use it as a webcam.
How to export photos and videos from the Osmo Pocket 3?
- Connect to the DJI Mimo app and download content to your smartphone.
- Insert the microSD card from the Osmo Pocket 3 into your computer.
- Connect the Osmo Pocket 3 to an OTG-enabled computer or smartphone using a USB-C cable.
At what point does the Osmo Pocket 3 split the recording into different videos?
Osmo Pocket 3 automatically splits the recording without damaging the quality as it approaches 16 GB.
Are glamour effects available in both photo and video modes?
Glamour effects are available in video mode, but not in photo mode. Glamour effects can be used in video mode both with the Osmo Pocket 3 on its own and with a smartphone.
When filming with the Osmo Pocket 3 on its own, glamour effects can be achieved after exporting the footage via the DJI Mimo app, where you can further adjust various glamour effects parameters.
Glamour effects support adjustment for videos up to 4K/60 fps./s. However, depending on the processor performance, some smartphone models only support 1080p/30 fps video export./s.
Can the Osmo Pocket 3 record slow-motion videos?
Yes, supports recording in quality up to 1080p/240 fps./s in 8x slow motion and 4K/120 fps modes./s in slow motion mode 4x.
How to export panoramas taken on the Osmo Pocket 3?
Osmo Pocket 3 supports merging panoramas on the device. You can connect to the DJI Mimo app and access the playback interface to download images to your smartphone or export them to your computer using a microSD card.
Does the Osmo Pocket 3 support volume control?
Osmo Pocket 3's internal audio recording automatically adjusts volume levels based on zoom, but does not support custom adjustments. When the Osmo Pocket 3 is connected to an external audio recording device, you can adjust the volume level.
Does the Osmo Pocket 3 support live streaming? What platforms it supports?
Yes, it supports. You can stream live to YouTube and RTMP platforms.
Does the Osmo Pocket 3 support recording with the screen off??
Yes. Swipe down the screen to access the menu, go to system settings, then select the time for Scrn Off When Rec. You can set it to 3 s, 15 s, 30 s, 1 min, 5 min, 10 min or never.
How to use the Audio Zoom feature with the Osmo Pocket 3?
Audio Zoom is enabled by default in Osmo Pocket 3 and will be activated when the zoom ratio changes.
Can I use the Osmo Pocket 3's USB-C port to export real-time footage using an HDMI cable?
Is the Osmo Pocket 3's 1-inch sensor the same as the one in the DJI Air 2S?
No, the Osmo Pocket 3 features an all-new 1-inch CMOS sensor with on-chip technology that supports recording at up to 4K/120 fps./s without cropping (only available in slow motion mode) and full-pixel PDAF for better overall performance.
What to do if I can't connect DJI Pocket 3 with DJI Mimo app?
If you can't connect your phone to the gimbal try the following:
- Make sure to enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
- Restart the Osmo Pocket 3 and the app, then try connecting again.
- If the Osmo Pocket 3's Wi-Fi password has been changed, turn off Wi-Fi on the smartphone, turn it back on, and then try connecting again.
- If your smartphone does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band, or is in a location that does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band, tap wireless connection in the settings on the Osmo Pocket 3, select Wi-Fi frequency and choose 2.4 GHz, then try connecting again.
The most common questions about the Osmo Pocket 3 gimbal
How to adjust the stabilization level on the Osmo Pocket 3?
In camera mode, swipe down to enter the control center, then tap the walking person icon to adjust the rotation speed.
Does the DJI Pocket 3 record vertically?
It can be said that both yes and no. The gimbal itself does not rotate by an additional axis because it is 3-axis - the shots get cropped. However, you can record while holding the entire gimbal horizontally. A rotating screen will work great, because you can immediately see how the shot will look like.
How to control the direction of rotation of the Osmo Pocket 3 gimbal?
You can control the direction of the gimbal's rotation in several ways:
- Via Osmo Pocket 3: When the slider on the home screen displays the zoom factor, move the joystick to control the tilt and rotation axes. When the slider on the main screen displays only arrow patterns without numbers, move the slider up or down to control the tilt axis, and move the joystick left or right to control the rotation axis.
- Via DJI Mimo: Enter the camera view in the app and use the virtual joystick to control tilt and pan axes.
The most common questions about Osmo Pocket 3 accessories
Where are the microphones on the Osmo Pocket 3? Do they support directional audio?
The Osmo Pocket 3 has three microphones, one on each side that does not have a screen.
When Pro mode is off, the directional sound is set to "All" by default. When Pro mode is on, you can switch between "Front," "Front and Back," and "All".
How much battery life the Battery Handle adds to the Osmo Pocket 3?
When fully charged and connected to the Osmo Pocket 3, the Battery Handle can increase runtime by about 62% (an additional 103 minutes of runtime at 1080p/24fps).
(Data tested under laboratory conditions at 77°F (25°C) and can only be used as a guide.)
Can I use the Osmo Pocket 3 battery grip to charge my phone?
How to connect the Osmo Pocket 3 with the DJI Mic 2 microphone?
Swipe down on the screen to access the menu, go to system settings, select the wireless microphone, and then go into connection mode.
Follow the on-screen instructions to place the DJI Mic 2 in connect mode. After a successful connection, return to the home screen and the volume bar at the top will be displayed.
After the first connection, the device will automatically connect when you turn it on.
Does the Osmo Pocket 3 support connection to two DJI Mic 2 transmitters?
Does the Osmo Pocket 3 support connection to the DJI Mic?
Osmo Pocket 3 does not support direct connection to DJI Mic. Use it with the DJI Mic receiver plug.
Are Osmo Pocket 3 accessories compatible with Pocket 2?
What are the functions of the Osmo Pocket 3 mount with 1/4 inch threads?
- Provides a 1/4 inch threaded tripod mounting hole.
- Moves the USB-C port to the rear for recording while charging while the device is positioned.
- Extends the length of the handle, improving grip comfort.
How to attach and detach a 1/4 inch threaded handle or Battery Handle?
No need to press the release button on the front to attach. Simply fit into the USB-C port, insert and make sure the latches on both sides are secure.
To detach, press the release button on the front and pull out the.
What accessories can be stored in the Osmo Pocket 3 protective case?
The Osmo Pocket 3 protective case can be used to store the Osmo Pocket 3 wide-angle lens and Osmo Pocket 3 black mist filter, and the DJI Mic 2 transmitter can be attached to the top of the.
Do I always have to use the Osmo Pocket 3 with a protective case or carrying bag?
The new Osmo Pocket 3 features an axis-locking design, making it suitable for bulk in pockets or small bags during everyday use. Avoid pressure from hard objects during storage. Use a protective case when storing in a large bag, such as a backpack or canvas bag.
How to mount the Osmo Pocket 3 expansion adapter?
Open the Osmo Pocket 3 expansion adapter, fit it to the curved edge of the joystick base and slowly turn on the joystick. Make sure the adapter is properly installed while allowing the screen to rotate before securing the adapter latch.
What accessories the Osmo Pocket 3 supports?
Osmo Pocket 3 supports the following accessories: 1/4″ threaded mount, Battery grip, DJI Mic 2 transmitter, Wide angle lens, Mini tripod, Black Mist filter, Expansion adapter, Magnetic ND Filter set, Carrying bag, Protective cover and Type-C to Type-C PD cable.
How to update the Osmo Pocket 3 software?
DJI Mimo app automatically sends messages requesting software updates. Follow the instructions to complete the upgrade.
How to manually set shutter speed, ISO and other camera parameters?
- Swipe left on the Osmo Pocket 3's screen, tap the PRO icon in the upper right corner to enable Professional mode, and then select Exposure - M (manual mode) to adjust the exposure time and ISO settings.
- Launch the DJI Mimo app, tap on AUTO in the upper right corner of the camera view, and then tap M to adjust the exposure time and ISO settings.
Can I use an external microphone with the Osmo Pocket 3?
Yes. You can connect the Osmo Pocket 3 to a third-party microphone using USB-C digital signals or a 3.5mm port adapter.
Can I adjust the playback volume on the Osmo Pocket 3?
Yes. In the playback interface, tap on the speaker icon in the upper right corner and move the volume slider to adjust the volume of the video being played.
Can I change the lens on the Osmo Pocket 3?
Can the Osmo Pocket 3 be connected via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?
Yes. In the case of a merger Wi-Fi handle DO-it-all is not needed.
Is the Osmo Pocket 3 waterproof?
LightCut is a video editing application recommended by DJI. Provides intuitive recording and editing features for DJI users, including one-click Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based editing, a variety of exclusive video templates, inspiring creative tutorials, and many other resources that make it easy to edit and generate videos anywhere. You can download the LightCut app from the major app stores or from the Download Center on the official DJI website.
How to connect the LightCut app to the Osmo Pocket 3?
- Make sure the Osmo Pocket 3 is activated and turned on, then turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
- Launch LightCut, then tap on the device icon at the top.
- Select the device ID and tap Connect. Check your device's verification code and tap Accept. When a dialog box appears asking if you want to join a Wi-Fi network, tap to join.*
* During the connection process, do not leave the application. When using, make sure the Osmo Pocket 3 is turned on, enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smartphone, and the Osmo Pocket 3 will automatically connect to LightCut.
What functions are supported when Osmo Pocket 3 is connected to LightCut?
- LightCut app provides numerous templates to fit various scenarios captured with Osmo Pocket series. Once connected, you can easily view the video without exporting it, allowing you to easily edit and generate videos in an efficient way.
- One-Click Edit feature automatically recommends templates based on your selected footage and intelligently selects clips to generate a short video without the need for manual editing.
- You can customize editing, music, text, stickers, speed, filters and more in the app, giving you more flexibility and creative freedom.
What if a timeout message appears during the connection process?
Make sure your smartphone is closer to the Osmo Pocket 3 and try again.
How to forget a device that was connected to my smartphone?
iOS: Launch LightCut, then see the connected devices in "My Device." Swipe left on the device, then delete the device.
Android: Launch LightCut, then see the connected devices in "My Device." Hold the device and remove it.
If the device cannot be found, make sure both your smartphone and Osmo Pocket 3 are turned on. Place the two devices close together, make sure to enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and allow access to LightCut. Try searching for the device again. If the device still cannot be found, reset the device.
How to use LightCut for quick editing?
Start LightCut, enter "One-Click Edit" and select the recordings you have made. The "One-Click Edit" function automatically recommends templates based on your recordings, optimized for many scenarios, such as nature, city, home, shopping, food, animals, festivals and more. Intelligently selects clips and generates a short video without manual editing.
You can also try other templates, change selected clips or choose music, filters, text and stickers to easily share polished videos.
Can I activate and update the Osmo Pocket 3 on LightCut?
Not. To activate and update the Osmo Pocket 3 software, download the DJI Mimo app.