DJI Action 3 FAQ - questions and answers
Today saw the launch of the DJI Osmo Action 3 sports camera. In this article, we provide the most important information and answer the most frequently asked questions.
DJI Osmo Action 3 - what recording quality and resolution?
The camera can record vertically and horizontally. Maximum camera quality in DJI Osmo Action 3 it's 4K. Detailed parameters can be seen below:
- 4K (4:3): 4096×3072@24/25/30/48/50/60fps
- 4K (16:9): 3840×2160@100/120fps
- 4K (16:9): 3840×2160@24/25/30/48/50/60fps
- 2,7K (4:3): 2688×2016@24/25/30/48/50/60fps
- 2,7K (16:9): 2688×1512@100/120fps
- 2,7K (16:9): 2688×1512@24/25/30/48/50/60fps
- 1080p (16:9): 1920×1080@100/120/1200/240fps
- 1080p (16:9): 1920×1080@24/25/30/48/50/60fps
How the Osmo Action 3 stabilization works?
The DJI Osmo Action 3 features a more powerful stabilization system that provides a choice of three modes:
- RockSteady 3.0 uses a new generation of intelligent stabilization algorithm that can effectively eliminate camera shake in all directions. Supports video recording up to 4K/120 fps./s from a stable and immersive first-person perspective.
- HorizonSteady additionally corrects horizontal tilt at any angle, so footage can remain stable horizontally, even with large irregularities and 360° rotations.
- HorizonBalancing, which corrects horizontal tilt within ±45° and supports stable 4K/60 fps HD video recording./s.
Is the DJI Osmo Action 3 waterproof?
Yes. Osmo Action 3 can be used underwater at depths of up to 16 meters and up to 60 meters when used with a waterproof housing, meeting the needs of recording in most underwater scenarios.
What is the running time of the Osmo Action 3?
DJI Osmo Action 3 differs in operating time, both at room temperature and at low temperatures.
|DJI Osmo Action 3 camera runtime|
|Quality of recorded video||In 25°C environments||In -20°C environments|
|1080p/30fps||160 minutes||150 minutes|
|1080p/60fps||124 minutes||117 minutes|
|4K/120fps||31 minutes||65 minutes|
Does the Osmo Action 3 support fast charging?
Yes. You can use the DJI 30W USB-C charger to quickly charge the Osmo Action 3. A single battery can be charged to 80% in 18 minutes and can be fully charged in 49 minutes. Multifunctional battery box available in adventure Combo Set enables fast, intelligent charging of three batteries, making photography more efficient.
What's the difference between DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo and Adventure Combo?
The Adventure Combo kit is more extensive and more expensive, but if you buy the accessories included in it separately it will come out much more expensive.
|DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo||DJI Osmo Action 3 Adventure Combo|
What other accessories for Osmo Action 3 are worth buying?
In addition to the accessories included in the standard kit, useful accessories for the Osmo Action 3 also include the Osmo Action 3 multi-functional battery case, Osmo 1.5m extension rod, Osmo Action 3 waterproof case, Osmo Action bike accessory kit, Osmo Action diving accessory kit, and more, allowing you to customize your recording for a variety of sports such as cycling, skiing/snowboarding, and diving.
Can I mount accessories from other DJI cameras or third-party camera accessories to the Osmo Action 3?
Osmo Action 3 is compatible with third-party camera accessories such as the DJI Magnetic Ball-Joint mount, DJI floating mount and Osmo Action mounting kit. You can also mount third-party sports camera accessories with the Quick-Release adapter mount for more recording options.
How strong is the magnetic connection between Osmo Action 3 and accessories?
Osmo Action 3 adopts a new quick-relase design that significantly increases impact resistance by enhancing magnetic force and adding a positioning clip. As a result, the camera can be permanently paired with a variety of popular accessories, making it suitable for a wide range of intense sports struggles.
What is LightCut?
LightCut is a a video editing application officially recommended by DJI. Is a reliable recording and editing tool for DJI users
What functions are supported when DJI Osmo Action 3 is connected to LightCut?
Once connected to the camera, the LightCut app can provide a quick and convenient preview of the footage without the need to export. Provides artificial intelligence-based one-touch editing, a variety of exclusive video templates, recording tutorials and other resources for seamless video editing and generation.
What microSD cards does the Osmo Action 3 support?
The maximum capacity of the memory card is 256 GB. Recommended cards:
- SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDHC 32 GB
- SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC 64 GB
- SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC 128 GB
- SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC 256 GB