Autel EVO Nano - questions and answers (FAQ)
Autel Evo Nano and Autel Evo Nano + drones
How many colors does the EVO Nano series have?
4 types, namely Autel Orange, Arctic White, Blazing Red and Deep Space Grey.
How much does the Autel EVO Nano and Autel EVO Nano+ weigh??
The weight of the drone is ≤249g.
What is the difference between EVO Nano and EVO Nano+?
The only difference between the two products is the camera, and the rest of the performance is the same.
How to activate Autel's EVO Nano series drone?
You'll need to connect your cell phone to the controller, then pair it with your drone via the Autel Sky app, and follow the Autel Sky app's instructions to complete activation.
Does the EVO Nano drone have its own built-in memory?
The drone has no built-in memory, but there is an SD card slot that supports memory expansion up to 256G. For a list of memory cards, see the article "Which memory card to choose for your drone?"
Is the EVO Nano series waterproof?
What is the maximum wind resistance of Autel EVO Nano and EVO Nano+ drones?
The maximum wind resistance is 8.5~10.5m/sec.
What is the maximum flight speed of the EVO Nano drone?
EVO Nano series is equipped with three flight modes: smooth run, normal run and sport run. The maximum flight speed of the smooth run is 5m/s; the maximum flight speed of the normal run is 10m/s; and in sport mode, the drone can even reach a speed of 15m/s. You can switch between different modes in the app to match the environment and your own skills.
What is the maximum height to which the Autel EVO Nano will float?
800 meters. Remember that according to new regulations you can fly to a maximum altitude of 120 m.
What is the maximum altitude at which the Evo Nano drone can take off?
Do Autel EVO Nano and Nano plus drones have obstacle detection sensors?
Yes, the front, back and bottom of the drone are equipped with a dual-eye obstacle avoidance system, so it can avoid obstacles from three sides simultaneously.
Does the EVO Nano series support one-button return?
Yes, using a single key to return, set the height of the return and always watch the surrounding environment to avoid collision when returning.
How to properly mount a propeller on a drone?
1. Make sure the drone is turned off. 2. Pair a dot propeller with a dot arm, and a non-dot propeller with a non-dot arm. 3. Align the round holes of the propeller with the holes of the motor and tighten the screws firmly.
How often to replace propellers in a drone?
Propellers should be checked before flight for deformation, wear, cracks and corrosion, and for loose blade bolts. If such conditions exist, replace the blade and screws. If not, there is no need to replace.
Autel Evo Nano controller and image transmission
Is the EVO Nano series remote control compatible with the EVO Lite series?
Does the remote control support HDMI output?
What interfaces does the remote control have?
The Type-C port at the bottom is for charging the remote control, and the Type-C port at the top is for connecting mobile devices.
Does the remote have buttons that can be configured/programmed?
The configurable function button is located in the upper left corner of the remote control. It can be customized using the Autel Sky app to set the following functions: When you click/double-click the custom button: enable/disable obstacle avoidance; AE lock/unlock; gimbal back to center/down; map/FPV switcher.
What is the effective range of Nano series image transmission?
In open space that is undisturbed and free of interference, the FCC standard is 10 km.
What is the resolution of the image transmission?
The quality of real-time video transmission depends on the environment, and the resolution can reach 2.7K/30FPS when the video transmission distance is less than 1km.
What are the advantages of Autel SkyLink image transmission?
Autel SkyLink supports the 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz/5.2 GHz tri-band. Select dual-band mode in the Autel Sky app, and the connection band between the drone and the remote control will automatically switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz / 5.2 GHz depending on the interference situation. Autel SkyLink's anti-interference effectiveness and image transmission stability are also stronger.
How to ensure good signal transmission quality while flying a drone?
The antenna of the remote control is built into the phone holder, adjust the angle of the antenna according to the position of the drone, i.e. let the top plane of the phone holder face the drone and make sure there are no obstacles between the remote control and the drone.
How to use the high-speed transfer function on your mobile phone?
Smartphones can connect directly to the drone via Wi-Fi, no remote control required at this time, you can download photos and videos from the drone website to your smartphone with a transfer speed of up to 20 MB/s via the Autel Sky app. The various operations are as follows:
- Make sure the drone is turned on and placed on the ground.
- Launch the Autel Sky app on your phone and connect to your drone via Wi-Fi pairing.
- Once successfully connected, open the photo album, select the desired material and click the download icon to get a quick download of the file. Notes: - Please use the high-speed transfer function in an environment free of interference and obstructions, away from routers, Bluetooth headphones and other sources of interference.
In countries and regions where the 5.8 GHz band is allowed by law, maximum download speeds can be achieved in an environment free of interference and obstructions. If the local 5.8 GHz band is not allowed, the download speed will be limited when using the 2.4 GHz band for transmission.
Autel Evo Nano and Autel Evo Nano + Camera
How the EVO Nano series camera increases stability?
Thanks to the three-axis mechanical stabilizer - gimbal.
What camera sensor is used in the EVO Nano series?
Autel EVO Nano has a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor with 48 effective megapixels; Autel EVO Nano+ has a 1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor with 50 effective megapixels.
What is the maximum resolution of photos and videos that can be taken with the Autel Evo Nano and Evo Nano+ drones?
Autel EVO Nano
- Photo: 8000x6000 (4:3); 4000x3000 (4:3); 3840x2160 (16:9)
- Video: 3840x2160 p30/25/24; 2720*1528 p30/25/24; 1920x1080 p60/p50/p48/p30/p25/p24
Autel EVO Nano+
- Photo: 8192x6144 (4:3); 4096*3072 (4:3); 3840*2160 (16:9)
- Video: 3840x2160 p30/25/24; 2720*1528 p30/25/24; 1920x1080 p60/p50/p48/p30/p25/p24
What types of shooting formats are supported by the EVO Nano series?
Photo: JPG/DNG Video: MOV/MP4
Does the Autel EVO Nano and Autel EVO Nano + drones support zooming?
Supports 1-16x digital zoom.
Does the EVO Nano series support taking pictures in RAW format?
What are the photographic modes of the EVO Nano series?
Single, continuous, AEB, self-timer, HDR.
Does the EVO Nano series camera support vertical shooting mode?
Supports software cropping for vertical screen images.
Does the EVO Nano series support one-click standalone videos?
It supports 4 kinds of one-click short film modes, respectively: "flick, "frocket, "orbit, "fade away"".
Does the EVO Nano series support portrait mode?
Support and choice of close-up/medium/telephoto lenses.
Does the EVO Nano series support automatic tracking (follow)?
Support for automatic tracking of selected targets is available through the Autel Sky app.
Does the EVO Nano series support panoramic photography?
Supports horizontal / vertical / wide angle and spherical panorama.
Does the EVO Nano series support time-lapse film?
Supports surround time-lapse and free time-lapse.
Autel Evo Nano and Autel Evo Nano+ drone battery
What is the maximum battery life of the EVO Nano series?
Approximately 28 minutes (windless environment).
How to charge the battery of Autel Evo Nano and Nano+ drones?
You can use the Type-C charging cable to charge directly into the drone's charging port, or you can use the multi-function charger to charge the battery.
How long does it take to charge the battery in Autel Evo Nano series drones?
It takes about 90 minutes to fully charge each battery.
How to take care of your drone's battery?
- Do not expose batteries to temperatures below -10°C or above 40°C, which will shorten battery life and may cause fire, explosion or other permanent damage.
- Do not charge the battery immediately after the flight, it is recommended to wait until it cools down to room temperature before charging it.
- The ideal ambient temperature for battery charging is 10 °C~30 °C.
- The ideal storage temperature for batteries is 22 ° C ~ 28 ° C. Store the battery in a waterproof and moisture-resistant environment and protect it from sunlight.
- Charge and discharge the battery every 3 months to keep it active.
Whether the battery can be used in low temperature environments?
If the battery is used in a low temperature environment, please note that the battery life will be shortened. To optimize low-temperature performance, it is recommended to warm the battery to 15 °C before use.
Can a drone battery be brought on board a plane?
Battery capacity is 17.32 Wh and can be carried on board aircraft in accordance with airline regulations. In most cases, pack the battery in a special lipo bag and carry in hand luggage. For more information, see the article "How to transport a drone in an airplane?".
Autel Sky application and software of Autel Evo Nano series drones
How to update the Autel Sky application?
When the system detects a new version of the app, the app will automatically display a notification after connecting to the flight. Follow the instructions to update the application.
What mobile device operating systems are supported by the Autel Sky application?
iOS 12.0 and later Android 8.0 and later.
How to update software on Autel Evo Nano series drones?
Method 1: Download the firmware update package from the Autel Sky app
- Open the remote control and drone, connect your phone to the remote control and launch the Autel Sky app.
- When the system detects a new firmware version, the Autel Sky app will automatically display a dialog box when connected to the drone to remind you to download and install the.
- Follow the instructions in the Autel Sky application to update the firmware, users can check the update process through the application interface.
- After the update is complete, reboot the device and remote control.
Method 2: Download the firmware update package from the official Autel Robotics website
- Visit the official website Autel Robotics, to download the firmware update package.
- Insert the SD card into the computer and save the downloaded firmware package into the root directory of the SD card.
- Turn on the remote and the drone, connect your phone to the remote and launch the Autel Sky app.
- Insert the SD card into the drone. The update process will start automatically.
- Reboot your drone and remote control after the update is complete.
What causes the update to fail?
- If you turn off the device during the update process, it will cause the update to fail.
- If you disconnect during the process of downloading the software package, the update will fail.
- Before upgrading, make sure the remaining power of the battery and remote control is ≥ 30%.
Can I disconnect from the network to continue the update after the firmware download is complete?